Eaten Crop

It was a hot day, “This is good day for my crop of corn,” said the farmer.
“That looks lovely,” said the Queen ant, “I want to eat it,” she said. So the Queen ant starts to make a plan to get the corn. The next morning, the farmer saw that his corn had been eaten. “Who has eaten my corn?”
‘That was lovely, I’m going to eat some, in fact I’m going to eat some every night, it’s that good,’ she said in her head.
So the farmer thought of a plan. “I could fence it,” he said in a sneaky way. That night, the ant saw the fence. “Well I could just go over it!” she screamed, (you couldn’t even hear it).
That morning, the farmer saw it. “That is one clever ant, I better stay up all night and distract it,”
he said. The Queen ant heard it. “Soldiers, protect me tonight and when you see that farmer, attack him!” she yelled.
That night, the farmer needed to go to the hospital, it was that bad, so he hired a handy man. The handy man saw the corn. “Well I could just fence it,” he said, but neither did he know that the Queen ant could get over it (this story could go on forever and ever). Well let’s continue, so she climbed up, up, up the paling and down, down, down she went then up, up the corn she went and ate so much, she couldn’t even climb up, so she waited and waited all night.
Then the handy man woke up and saw the ant and he said, “What are you doing here, have you been eating the corn? Did you attack the farmer with your soldiers?”
“YES, I’m guilty of attacking the farmer and eating the corn, it is just that corn is so good that I have been eating some every night, I can’t help it, it is so good,” she said in an ashamed way.
“Well I can Always tell the farmer that you like his corn so much that you keep on eating it but it is going to be hard because he might refuse to plant you some of your own,” he said shocked.
Well I think you might know what will happen next.
“Hey I was wondering if you would plant another one for the ant?”
“Fine, I will plant one for the Queen ant but she must promise to not eat my corn anymore.
“Ok, I will check with her?”
“Well alright, did he promise?”
“He did.”
“Alright, I promise.”
So the farmer planted the Queen some corn then the Queen never ate the corn again. This is something to tell your grandchildren about. This story will continue forever and ever and ever until it starts to get changed then retold in a different way again and again and again and again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!