Knock On The Door In A Storm

Stephanie was at home with her mum and dad. Her mum was cooking a cake and her dad was on the computer, suddenly her mum realised there were no eggs for a cake and dad had no ink for the printer.
So her mum and dad had to go to the shops. Stephanie’s mum said, “We will be back in an hour.”
After that her mum and dad were gone. After 5 minutes Stephanie was bored so she got up off the couch and started to walk outside when she realised it was raining and thundering. She then went up to her bedroom, but half way up the stairs there was a knock at the door.
Stephanie went to answer the door, but no one was there. Stephanie then said, “Anyone out there?” but the thunder drowned out her voice.
Stephanie closed the door and went on the couch, then she heard another knock but she didn’t go and see who it was. After 10 minutes Stephanie heard a voice and when she heard this voice she jumped 10 metres off the couch. The voice said, “Open up, because I’m coming to get you.”
Stephanie was so scared and all that she could say was, “Who a…ar..are you,” but there was no answer. After a while she went to the door and opened it. No one was there; she went to look at the side of the house. Guess who she saw? The Grim Reeper, just kidding, it was her friend she thought.
Stephanie screamed, “You can take off the costume!” but it just stood there doing nothing. Then the so called Grim Reeper pulled of its costume and it was her friend Rebecca all along.
Rebecca then said, “You should have seen your face!” And then Rebecca burst out laughing. Stephanie was stunned. Stephanie said, “You fooled me,” she was laughing when she said that.
“Come inside and I’ll make you a cup of tea, you must be cold standing in the rain,” said Stephanie. “Actually it was quite warm in the costume,” said Rebecca.
They both went inside and Stephanie made a cup of tea for both of them. They started talking and laughing. They didn’t hear Stephanie’s parents come home, only when the door opened and her mum said, “Hi.” They stopped talking and said “Hi” to Stephanie’s mum and dad. Rebecca then said, “I’d better be getting home.” Stephanie’s mum asked, “How was your visit with Rebecca?” Stephanie said, “Good” and she was off to her room.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!