Have You Ever Been To Mars?

Well, have you ever been to Mars? I have and I’ll tell you how it went. My family and I decided to go on a holiday and we couldn’t agree where to go. Mum said Japan, Dad said France, Dylan my little brother said America and Kyla my little sister said Hawaii. I decided that I wanted to go to outer space - I actually wanted to go to Mars.
Later that afternoon we rented a space shuttle from NASA. It was a very bumpy ride. Since we were in outer space we decided to go past Mercury and Venus. Then we landed on Mars.
Mars wasn’t exactly what we thought it would be like. We thought it would be deserted but it was crowded. Many people would say it looked a little bit like Earth. Concrete paths here and there. Shops, houses, buildings, land, parks and schools. It was amazing. We were introduced to Mars by a slimy green alien.
The alien had six eyes, eight fingers on each hand, seven hands and three legs. He wore a scrappy blue shirt. He said that there was a motel on Kara Road, so off we went. We gave the man behind the counter $200 but he refused it.
“We don’t take paper. We take Mars Bars,” he said.
I had a left over Mars Bar in my pocket. I handed it to the man but he wanted more. Kyla, Dylan, Mum and Dad all gave him a candy bar.
Our room was enormous - five beds, three TVs, two fridges and four bedside tables. That night it was great. We slept well.
The day started with breakfast. Toast and Mars juice. Yummy! Then we went to the spa. Big warm bubbles rose to the surface. Really relaxing. After that we went to a pet shop to see what kind of pets aliens on Mars had. There were lots of mini-aliens… some were really cute.
Once we left we went to the park. Kyla, Dylan and I played on the playground. It was way better than the ones on Earth. Then we had lunch.
Once we had seen the scenery we decided to leave. We started to pack up. Twenty minutes later we finished packing. We went to get a souvenir before we left. The space ship was all packed. We said good-bye to all the friends we had made.
We started up the ship and left. That was the most fun I have ever had.
So if you’re planning on going on a holiday we recommend it to everyone. It was decided that the next holiday we were going to the moon. We heard there’s a theme park there.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!