Waste Of Time

Once upon a time there was a 3 headed dog that liked the 5 legged cat. The cat did not like the dog so the dog had to think of a plan to get the cat to like him.
So the dog went out of his dog house and walked down the road to the harbour to ask the captain what he could do to get the love of his life, the cat, to like him. The captain said, “Get her roses.” He dog did not think that was a good idea because cat is allergic to roses. The captain suggested he hire a boat and go and ask the light house man. The captain and the dog went and rented a boat and set a voyage to the light house.
As soon as they got out into the sea the dog got sea sick so the captain had to navigate the boat. Then something happened. A sea serpent came out of the ocean at them, it was ugly and green, it had a big brown smile and purple eyes. The captain and the dog started to cry. They needed a miracle to save their sorry souls. All the sea serpent wanted was to play marco pollo. The captain, the 3 headed dog and the sea serpent played for ages, the sea serpent won most of the games.
The dog and captain were off again. They could see the light house so they were close. The dog got happy and started jumping around. He jumped so hard that he put a hole in the boat and then the boat sunk. Luckily they were in shallow waters because the dog could not swim. The captain and the dog started to walk to the light house. They eventually got there. They knocked on the door and nobody answered so they knocked again, then the light house man answered the door. He was old and frail with long grey hair.
The light house man offered them a drink of coffee. The dog asked him what he could do to get the cat to like him. The light house man said “Maybe you can get her chocolates.” The dog thought it was a good idea but he did not know what flavours the cat liked. He thought she’d like caramel flavour or chocolate or crunchy. He didn’t really know. The captain asked how they were going to get back home. The light house man said “take my car.”
Then the captain said, “How?” The light house man said “The road behind, it will take you all the way home in a matter of time.” “What type of car is it?” the dog asked. The light house man said “A Holden VT clubsport with a 7.5 litre V8.” The captain said, “Yes, we’re going to go.” “Are you going to come?” said the dog to the light house man. The man said “Ok, only if I get to drive.” The dog said, “I don’t care because I don’t know how to drive.”
They all jumped into the car. The car starts up and they speed off down the street. They were doing 100kmh in a 60 zone. Then they were home. The cat came over. The cat did not care if the dog did not get her anything, to get her attention. She just fell in love with the dog. They got a house together and lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!