Oh No, Mum's In Jail

“Oh no, mum’s in jail!”
Jane was a mother to one and her daughters name was Toni. Toni was a teenage girl waiting in silence hoping for some good news. Finally the police came out and said “your mum has been charged with stealing an ancient artefact.” Toni knew her mum wouldn’t do such a thing so Toni wandered off to the harbour where the ancient artefact had been stolen.
Toni slowly walked around the harbour quietly. After a while Toni started asking people if they had seen the crime happen, but sadly no eye witnesses came forward.
Suddenly she saw a strange man looking suspicious. Tony slowly started walking up to the man. He had red hair and looked old.
All of a sudden the man turned around. Toni had the guts to say “have you seen anything strange.” He didn’t answer. As he started walking off into the distance Toni could see a gold reflection in the dark grey, blue water. Toni was sure it was the stolen artefact. Toni ran up beside him to ask if he was part of the crew that transported the Egyptian artefacts.
He replied and said “yes I’m the crew relief driver.”
“Don’t you mean relief captain?” Toni pointed out. “What have you got in the bag there?” Toni asked. He looked really angry, so Toni bolted for her life. Toni ran back to the police station, where she informed them and they accompanied her back to the harbour.
The next day Toni’s mum was released and replaced with the correct suspect.
Toni gave the man a wave goodbye as the police put him in his cell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!