Ecosystem

The tree was so green. I had never seen a tree so green in my life. The blue sky up high against it. The flowers as fresh as water. They all had their unique colours and fragrances. I have entered a world that no one even myself doesn't know about. Where is this place? How did I get here?

Up in the sky the birds were chirping and flying. One of them landed smoothly into the tree and was building a nest. Another came to help it. Together the both built a nest out of brown bark and sticks. They decorated it beautifully with all sorts of green leaves. It seemed as if the two has a very strong bond.

A little butterfly comes fluttering near me. It lands down on to the nectar if the bright yellow sunflower. After five seconds it glides up and disappears into the distance. The air so fresh, so calm, so quiet and so relaxing. It matches perfectly with this environment and the lovely ecosystem.

There is a pond in the distance. It has some waiter with little fish in it. The fish are as small as an ant. They can hardly be seen. Floating on the water are dark green lily pads. I move my eyes from them just as I spot a frog. It is leaping from one lily pad to another making a ribit ribit sound just like all frogs do. The frog is green just dark green with no other colour on it.

I walk past the grass which is a green but a different green in colour. I have never seen this contrast of green before in my whole life. The sun is pointing directly to the green grass. That should be the reason why it's this green. The grass is not wet but when you walk in it it feels wet. Magically wet.

I have never in my life been in a place like this. This ecosystem is beautiful, fresh, calm with lots of fresh water,air and of course the wildlife no human has ever seen before. What makes thus such a great ecosystem? The trees, the sky, the grass, the pond, the animals and insects, the air. Or me?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!