Killer Seatbelt



I am so excited, I have waited so long for this trip. It's been 3 months in the making. I get into the car, squished in between bags and my brother. I strapped on my seat belt and shoved my blue headphones into my tiny ears. Meghan tranior all about the bass comes on I start dancing to my favourite song. My hands in the air waving. I move them out and hit one of the bags. I hear a screech. It's my brother, the bag had fallen on his arm.

It took about 10 minuets to get the bag of my brothers arm. The arm turned into a red and swollen mess. I look at it then continue with my head phones, Without giving a single care In the world. I stare out the window, looking at the trees and bushes rushing by at 100 km per hour. My boredom starts to grow. All I can hear is my brother complaining about his arm. So I turn my music up even more.

My brain starts to create images of people and sunny days. It's so magical. I see my dad and my mum walking along a bridge. A small girl with bright red hair and a tall boy with dirty blonde hair walking with them. It's me and my brother when we are younger, walking along our favourite Bridge. As we get over the other side we walk through town. as we walk into the bakery my eyes start to glow and my eyes start to water. I see The delicious cakes behind the chilled glass and tongs pulling out cake. Mum hands it to me. The smooth chocolate of the cake excites my taste buds. I remember the taste. It so…

HONK! The sound of a car beeping its horn waking my brain out of the trace I set my self in. I look out the front window. My dad beeped the horn. Some guy in front of us decided to swerve in the wrong lane and then into his correct lane. I suppose that he might of been drunk.

A few hours have past and I really need to stretch. I lift my arms up and puff my chest. My seat belt stopping me, pulling me back. I sit back into the chair the seat belt slowly sliding back into the holder! Screech!! Is All I hear. It's Getting tighter and tighter. I try to pull it out but it won't budge. My breath becoming shorter and shorter. My brother not taking any notice of me. I look back at back of the drivers seat. The seat belt has moved to my neck it's getting tighter. I can barely breathe. I knew this was gonna be the end. The trip I looked forward to for months has now been my last thing I will ever see and remember. I say one more thing as I cannot breathe anymore. Help me please help…My eyes close and…



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!