Saturday Night Lovers

They were just Saturday Night Lovers, only together for the warmth of each other.
Her heart was beating. He was so close to her that their body heat could have been confused as one. She had ached for moments away from the world, but she didn’t want those moments alone. Her world was isolated, away from reality. His world was inclusive, with reality. Life hadn’t been unfair to them, just inconvenient.
Her hands were trembling with anticipation, and her heart rate quicken as he kissed her deeper. She didn’t have to say anything, he already knew her nerves were there in the room. He understood her yearning and wanting, but not her needing. For they were not in love forever, merely for the hour. He cared for her, because he was her first, but nothing beyond that. She was a sweet formality and he was a handsome distraction.
He reached for her hand and fell into her body. Bodies crashing, while sweet nothings were exchanged. She didn’t feel love for him in the conventional way, she felt something of a different kind. An emotion she couldn’t put words on, she just knew her feelings for him were in her head.
Their eyes never fully met, only shortly darted to each other. She was scared that he’ll leave, he was scared to stay. They were escaping something unknown, but still escaping in each other. She lost her true self, only to find more falsity in his presence. Her life full of chores, tasks and formalities. His full of mirrors, improvement and absence. Their life as one, lasted one night.
His nerves grew when they touched, and kissed, and loved. His heart pounded beyond his chest and burst into hers. Her breathing eradicated, along with her body. Dazed confusion began her night, and sweet ecstasy ended it. She was reaching something she never had before. Even though everything seemed not normal, in that moment she didn’t care about normality. She cared about him, there and then. She cared about her Saturday Night Lover.
Her whole body was tired, but adrenalin stopped her from caving into the tiredness. Her mind was somehow freed by his kisses. He kissed her everywhere and took his time with loving her. She appreciated his appreciation. He could feel her come undone underneath him, so he took care of her and let her writhe into a bliss, he knew she yearned for and wanted.
They lay together for a bit to exchange life stories and heart felt pleas for freedom. She was trapped in a world ruled by her insanity, and he was trapped in a society with an obsession for perfection. Sympathy was not mutual, only an understanding and an unconventional love. Words grew tiresome and conversation became scarce, as heavy eyelids and exhaustion fell into her. He held her in his arms and wished for the moon to shine longer and the delay of the sun. For he found comfort in his Saturday Night Lover.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!