Elisebethian Times

Dear 21st century world,
I am writing to you to explain what Elizabethan were like. It’s completely different here, It seems like they don’t have any human rights and the only important person is the king. They seem to have a chain of being where there is an order of importance. The order is as such, God, Angels, Humans, Animals, Plants and Nonliving objects. The Elizabethan era is the epoch in English history marked by the reign of Queen Elizabeth (1558–1603). This period of time is commonly known as the ‘golden’ age of English history. The renaissance had just finished in Italy and England was known has the powerhouse of European government. With William Shakespeare at his peak. Many other playwrights, actors and theatres constantly busy, the high culture of the Elizabethan Renaissance was best expressed in its theatre. Historical topics were especially popular, not to mention the usual comedies and tragedies. Another thing that I have noticed is religious side of thing. The belief is much stronger and more violent. There are commonly fights among fellow religions.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!