Nazi

They found us. The Nazis had found us. I stood trembling in the doorway, watching the trucks block the street. I turned and ran inside to my mother, pulling her to the trap door behind the shelf, but it was too late. A Nazi had entered the room. He grabbed my matted hair and pulled me towards him so that I couldn't move. I gave a weak cry and my mother ran forward. The soldier raised his gun and pointed it at my head. My mother grabbed me, trying to pull me away, shaking with sobs of anger and fear. She swayed unsteadily on her feet as her sobs turned to screams of "No! No! Please, take me instead, leave her, take me!"
I shook my head frantically, unable to say anything. I clutched at her as the soldier released me and aimed the gun at her head instead of mine. My mother grabbed my hand, looked at my horrified face and closed her eyes. There was a bang and I screamed as I realised that the Nazi had pulled the trigger. My mother collapsed beside me, then lay unmoving upon the once white tiles, now stained with the scarlet colour of her blood.
My knees gave way and I too hit the hard floor. My mother's face was turning pallid as her life drained away, her final moan mixed with my terrible screams. Her chest heaved as she took her shuddering final breath and her slim and lifeless figure lay still on the tiles. Her hand that was once entwined in mine slipped to the floor and her eyes stared glassy and unknowing towards the ceiling that she could no longer see. Tears spilled out of my eyes, sliding off of my face and falling into the puddle of blood surrounding my mother's head. She was dead.
I looked down for the last time upon that face, that face that had once and still does fill me with hope, courage and love. She has gone now, departed this hell to join another world- one hopefully of peace. I know that one day, I will join her there for eternity, but in this place, that reunion may not be far away.
The Nazi looked down at me with cold eyes. He turned and strode away towards the door. He didn't care. Horror, rage, hatred, that is all I felt.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!