A Dark Beigining

Breaking news - the shadow manipulator in Lenovo University has just exploded and is expected to cover a third of the city in fire. “Exxt” went the TV as it turned to a static screen. Adam knew he had to hurry but he didn’t have anywhere to go he just knew he had to go somewhere but where. “Boom” Adam got caught right in the middle of the blast. When he awoke all he remembered was the blast, it was stuck in his mind. As time went on Adam began to notice changes in himself he thought he was mad -until he got proof against it. Every time he would pass a shadow it seemed to disappear. Adam wondered why they did or if it had something to do with him but he wondered and wondered, until he figured it out. It must have been the blast. It must have altered his DNA. Adam thought if the explosion was created by the shadow manipulator in Lenovo University then someone there may be able to tell him what is going on. So Adam hurried to the university to find help on the way Adam noticed a type of strange dark energy coming out of his hands. Adam took one more step and then suddenly he was at the university, he dropped to his knees fainting in the process.
He awoke in the infirmary wing of the university with a nurse at his bedside. Once the nurse noticed Adam had woken from sleep she handed him a glass of water. Adam took one sip and it felt like the first drink he’d had in years. He asked the nurse how they got their water to taste so good, the nurse didn’t reply. But then, two of the head of staff walked into the room, Adam told the two men what had happened. They didn’t believe him until he showed them his hands still pouring out with the dark energy, once the men saw the shadowy energy radiating from his hands they ran out of the room to get the energy supervisor. He walked into the room with a grin on his face when he saw Adam his smile turned into a frown. He asked Adam what happened, Adam told him the story, and the man was amazed Adam was alive. Adam asked the man what his name was he said it was Trent Adam asked Trent if he knew what was happening. Trent told Adam to follow him Adam got off the gurney and followed Trent he was led to a weird room. Trent told Adam he would teach him to control his powers. Then asked Adam to show him what he could do with his powers or even tell him what he had done. Adam told Trent what he could do. Trent said he would train him if he wanted, Adam accepted but knew this was only the beginning of his journey.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!