Paper Hearts ??

The war had been going on for as long as Jasmina remembered, she knew that the war couldn’t go on like this. She had tried to convince her people to stop fighting but no one had listened as she was merely a child. They had said “why should we stop fighting them, they took some of our people?” It was now her second attempt, with a deep breath she started to sing the meaningful tune:

“Because we've all got paper hearts, a single spark could go out of control. All we're looking for is a little love in this cruel world. A little love, a little hope and a little happiness is all we've got. But you've lit the spark in my paper heart. Instead of whispering, speak up, let the world know what you're about. Because it's no longer what you look like, what you like, it's your time to shine. I remember how you made me feel, sending a spark to my paper heart. Turned out to be the best mistake you ever made. And all we've got is paper hearts, we've got that spark that keeps us warm, a little love and light protect us from the dark cause we are who we are. Whether you're tall, small, blonde or brunette, we've all got paper hearts and blood running through our veins and it doesn't matter that we aren't the same, we're all playing the same game.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!