GALLIPOLI

Gallipoli
The unknown and sad story of the left behind
1913: Fred was in the beautiful garden talking very slowly to his pretty beautiful wife Sophie about the horrific letter about him going to war at Gallipoli It said “every gent who is single has to go to war.” Fred lies to the Australian Army and said he’s not married then tells Sophie that he’s going to war at blood shedding Gallipoli. Sophie said” you are not going to war to get hurt.”

While Sophie was sleeping peacefully in her giant bed Fred went to the big naval ship called HMAS Canberra the 1st and boded and set sail. When she woke up her husband was not there beside her .She was so upset .As the years went by she thought her hansom husband had died or lost in action or captured by the Turks .After a 2 very long boring lonesome years she gave up and lost hope. Sophie didn’t believe that Fred would walk through the door ever again .She bout a big hairy Grey hound named runner, he was a big dog. She had a little baby girl named Rose on 14/02/1915.

3 months later an old stile maxi taxi pulled up in the shot ruff old style driveway it was Fred .Fred had comeback from the war with one less leg .He was in a big wheelchair witch was electric it, one of it’s kind. Sophie was so happy she flung the big wooden door open with the baby on her hip and ran out to give Fred a big giant bear hug and sat on his lap .Fred said “who’s this “ this is Rose” said Sophie. She was born 3 long exiting yearsago while you were away. He was a HOWIKE WAR HERO!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!