Partners In Crime

One would always joke and call two young children who so happened to be the best of buddies 'partners in crime', especially when they had destructive tendencies to hide and draw on things at the worst of times. But now, it had a whole different meaning. A terrible tale of love, death, and criminal activities. Two partners, a host of crimes, and a love story rolled into one.

Chia grabbed his girlfriend's arm gently with his warm hands, before pulling quickly as he darted from a small store in the dark alleyways of a dingy town, a canvas sack of money slung around his belt, a sly grin spread across his pale and ghostly face. Hayle smiled, a revolver held tightly in her hand, a pistol in her belt, a small container of ammunition down her shirt. Another successful robbery, another night on the run. The pair twisted and turned down slimy and unkempt alleyways filled with petty pick-pockets, dealers, and other unwanted company. It had been a poor week, and desperate for funds, the pair went on a robbing spree, and they had a habit of burning their sites of crime.
"one more doll, and then we're good until we get bored" Chia let out a low chuckle as he slowed to a walk. A dimly lit street with only a single shop open. Perfect for a final crime. Chia strolled in casually, hands in his pockets, a smirk dancing on his taught lips. He stood before the counter of the store before whipping out a silver pistol. He pointed the gun at the shop keep's head.
"put the money in the bag, and I won't shoot," A merciless grin spread across his cheeks. Hayle stood beside him and pulled out her own two guns. The shop-keep began to hastily fill a bag with the notes and heavy coins before discreetly pressing a small button on the underneath of the counter. A shrill alarm shrieked in the small store as the store-keep gave a wicked grin.

"I know a wanted thief when I see one" He held up a brown piece of paper, chia and Hayle's faces were printed on it in clear black ink. The couple took small steps towards the door before breaking out into a run. Sirens were heard in the distance, and they were rapidly growing closer to the fleeing pair. They skidded to a halt, a grey brick wall loomed over them, mocking them with its slippery surface, leaving it impossible to climb. A piece of paper was pasted to the wall. It's surface was printed with the faces of Hayle and Chia. Along the bottom it read, "Wanted. Dead or alive." Two police cruisers blocked the alleyway behind them, four cops piled out of the cars, guns drawn. Chia smiled a menacing grin and pointed his gun at the officers, his moves mimicked by Hayle. "Till death do us part".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!