Calf Chasing

I woke up to see a welcoming glow, as the first rays of sunlight hit my window.
I got dressed and down the hall I ran while dad cooked eggs in the frying pan.
We looked out the window and there we saw a calf in the front yard eating the lawn.
So I slipped on my boots and raced outside, the calf was too big to go and hide.
I was close to the calf, it knew what had to be done, then the dog chased it over the fence and thought it was fun.
But he knew it was naughty he had that look on his face, so he stayed well away, he kept his space.
The rest of the day was pretty normal; the whole family was good and well.
And so my poem has come to an end, thank you for listening friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!