You Smell Like My Mum

When Mrs Thomson, the year 5 teacher, stopped in the middle of the class and said to the students in a soft voice," I love you all." Inside her there was a boy, that is sitting at the front desk, that she didn't like. His name is Teddy.
Mrs Thomson was watching Teddy last year and noticed that he doesn't have any friends, his clothes are always dirty and he so need a shower. As well as, she enjoyed correcting his exam with a big red tester and put a big "F" for all his friends to see.
One day, the principle asked Mrs Thomson to review the students past years reports. She stopped on Teddy report and was shocked and couldn't believe what she saw.
Year 1 teacher wrote: Teddy is an excellent student, he is full of life.
Year 2 teacher wrote: Teddy has lots of fun everyone loves him, but he is a bit nervous of his mothers' sickness.
Year 3 teacher wrote: it was a hard time for Teddy after his mum past away. His dad doesn't take care of him. IF NO ONE HELPED TEDDY, HE'S LIFE IS GOING TO BE HARD ON HIM.
Year 4 teacher wrote: Teddy doesn't have any friends, doesn't do homework and sometimes sleep in class.
The next day, was the Christmas party at school. Everyone in class got Mrs Thomson a gift wrapped nicely with red and gold ribbon. Except Teddy he wrapped his gift with an old newspaper. When she opened the present she found a fake diamond necklace, with some of the diamonds are missing and a perfume which it only had a quarter in it.
Mrs Thomson hugged Teddy and thanked him. Then she put some of the perfume on and put on the necklace. That afternoon, Teddy waited for her outside, only to tell her," you smell like my mum." Mrs Thomson cried all night that day. From that day on Mrs Thomson gave most of her time for him.
After 10 years, she received a thank full letter from Teddy and an invitation for his university graduation. Mrs Thomson arrived to the graduation wearing his mothers' necklace and putting from his mothers' perfume. He hugged her and said," you still got them." "Of course," she replied. They both cried on each other shoulder. Then he looked in her eyes and said," Mum! Thank you for being here with me today."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!