Japan

The shrine was small and welcoming. It was painted warm colours and the trees around it were old and wise. Before entering, one had to wash out there mouth and also their hands, and take off their shoes. One must be pure. She felt at peace when she was in it.

The baths were small and steamy. It was almost bare, with no decorations. The tiles were a dull colour, the main focus of the room was the bath. The showers around the edge faced the wall and the bath in the middle was deep and hot and smelt of cleanliness. It was healing.

The room was small and comforting. The mats on the floor were soft but scratchy. Tatami mats are like that. There was no bed, just the futon that she rolled out each night, that was thin and lumpy. There was a table in the middle and nothing else.

The train was small and full. People stood shoulder to shoulder, not talking or looking at each other.

The country was big and comforting and it welcomed her. The people were small and the houses were small but she felt like it was the home in which she belonged.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!