Neverland Dreams

“I’m not going to bed,” said John which startled his wife. The dreams disturbed him. Those dreams that I like to refer to as ‘Nightmares’. It has flooded his brain like a disease. Johns’ wife Kim stared at the wardrobe door “when will he just grow up?’’ she thought to herself. John got up to make himself a cup of coffee, his clothes still caked in mud despite Kim’s pleading to change in the garage. Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tinker-Bell, the Mermaids, Ticking of clocks, the chomping of crocodiles, weird old cheerful pirates called Mr. Smee, Wendy poor little Wendy. He adored his older sister his little brother Michael and Nana the family dog. He was the middle child out of the Darling family and he always had Wendy, Michael and Peter Pan by his side but ever since the nightmares the family drifted apart. Suddenly a tap at the window made John spill his coffee. “Who’s there?!” John yelled startled. “Nothing dear sir! Just a visit to a very special member of the Darling family!” a weird bubbly voice called. “Who are you, and how do you know me! Daniel is that you?” John called back confused that his nephew Daniel was at the window. But it wasn’t Daniel, John new the voice of his nephew. “Just think happy thoughts.” Said Peter Pan. “Peter Pan! I thought you were dead!” Yelled John. That was an understatement the navy have been searching the seas for a missing ship around Neverland so John thought everyone in Neverland was dead! It must be a dream he thought. “Wake up wake up wake up!” John screamed. John was frightened that he fell asleep and is having a night mare but he wasn’t. That night John never went to bed. Another tap at the window awoke Kim. “What was that?” She asked her husband. “Pan. Peter Pan.” John feared. “Speaking of the wonderful boy. May I come in to talk?” Pan called back. “Fine.” Said John still frightened. “John there’s two problems. Dated One I thought you promised to stay young. Two Tink has well been captured by Smee.” Said Peter. “Let’s go then.” Mandated John. “But Mr. Darling…” Argued Pan. “No buts just do’s”. The trip to Neverland was dreadful, Kim got pooped on by a bird, Pan almost got chopped in half by a hand on Big Ben and John well he was furious. The horrible boat called ‘The Jolly Roger’ floated in the mist of Cannibal Cove. John without hesitation stormed on to the boat. “Where is she Smee?” John yelled at the fat marshmallow like man. “Ooh Pan and…. Who are you?” Smee asked. “That doesn’t matter where is she?” pointing his cutlass at Smee. “Well Mr. Brave guy where is she you tell me?” staring at the Captain’s cabin. “I’ll give you a deal.” Smee sneered.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!