Part Of My Life

It all started with a flash. As the lights came on a man in his mid-twenties walked in the room with a book in his hand using his fore arm as a steady bench to tick off the names of the boys he had seen in each room he had visited. The man walks in and says in a very deep and strong voice “Good morning George”. I was not in the mood for replying being weak and sleepy, struggling to say good morning back I finally said something but wasn’t good morning. Instead it was a groan that sounded like a good morning. The man walked out ticking my name off as he did and carried on to the next room. Trying to get up and get ready for breakfast and school I swung one leg down to the floor in a weakly manner and tried the other but the air outside of my blanket was so cold that I quickly retracted my leg back into the warmth of my blanket and just laid there. In the end I got my uniform on and went out to the cold as ice weather of Toowoomba and went to the dining hall where we have breakfast and sat down on my allocated seating plan table.
After breakfast all the boys and I walked back towards the dormitories. When we got back it was planned from the beginning and without hesitation all of us started doing our jobs and cleaned out the dorms. Everyone was doing something whether it’s watering the plants, clearing out the bins or just cleaning their rooms. After cleaning it’s usually free-time or its 8 o’clock which means it’s time to go to school. After the brushing of teeth and the washing of mouths I signed out and left to school with my mates.
It was the first lesson I walked away from my locker after getting the books I needed for English. I began my journey to my English class room I had a double so I knew we were going to do a lot of work. Prepping myself for lesson thinking about what funny name to call my friends and what to do if this happens and this and that something caught my eye on the notice boards. It was a poster saying that if want to win $500 write a poem or a short story and from that on the plan for the lesson changed and I sat in the classroom thinking about what to write my short story about.
The day ended very fast and it left me with my headed spinning thinking about what to write about. I came back to the dorms and signed in then I resided to my room and kept thinking about a story to write. I thought about it and decided to start my story like this – It all started with a flash.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!