Fear

Trees sway in the night wind. Wind plays eerie games with my mind, as I look down the corridor of trees while one thousand voices echo through my mind. Trees sway so far some look as though they could snap off within the pressure of a soft man’s fingertip. Eerie voices, swaying trees and darkness are three of my four fears. One second… One second is all it takes for something to go sour. “Behind you,” one of the thousand voices whispered. Slowly I turn around and I’m met by the bloodshot eyes of my 4th fear.
“WAKE UP!” I shrieked. Suddenly I am blinded by the sunlight coming through the grimy window. When I can see again I am met by torn walls and scribbles written in blood. No matter what they say everyone has a reoccurring nightmare. Mine is sitting in a park while a paranormal demon hunts me. Demons are the wildebeests sent out to collect what’s remaining in a dead man’s soul. My Soul has been separated from my body for decades.
Days go by so quick when you have been murdered and at night straight back to my living nightmare. “DEMONS, DEMONS EVERYWHERE, HELP. WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS!?” I screamed terrified of the thought of being trapped in pure darkness for as long as time went on. “MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!” I sobbed. Abruptly a dark man who seemed to be made only of shadows gave me an opportunity… an opportunity to live not in hell but in heaven.
“Click, Clack,” the ‘’penny’’ dropped, this man of shadows is a demon.
Suddenly it hits me like a sack of bricks, this man isn’t a Demon he is the King of the Demons… The Devil. Why was he offering me freedom? All these questions filled my head to the point that I almost didn’t hear the condition… to find the murderer who took my life and put an end to it. ”But I already know who murdered me,” I protested, “It was you,” “Well that is a little unfortunate for you then isn’t it?” he replied “You’re just a man and I’m the leader of the demons.”
Once again the penny dropped, “It’s a setup,” the voices said “RUN!” they screamed. Instantly I attempted to run away but it was like a treadmill I couldn’t run anywhere. Slowly I tilted my head towards him. Usually he has a dark look of sorrow in his expression, but now he has a genuine smirk… the exact expression had when he killed me.
Common sense and cartoons have taught me to look behind you whenever your gut says to. Cautiously I turned around and was met by the bloodshot eyes of my 4th fear.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!