The 7th Cloak

Emily looked at number seven, the house next door and sighed. She didn’t know who lived there, she had never seen anyone there. “Mum, I'm just going to the beach” ,
“Ok, come right back,” Emily's mum replied.
Emily was walking past number seven on her way to the beach. As she walked past she heard crying. Worried that someone was hurt she decided to see if everyone was okay. She knocked on the door and the door creaked as it swung open. Emily nervously, slowly, quietly walked in.
Emily saw a door at the back of the living room. She wondered if the crying was coming from there. Emily was as scared as a rabbit. The noise got louder as she walked closer. She was starting to really doubt whether she should be there. Her hands shook as she opened the door.
Emily hesitated to call out. Her instincts told her not to. Emily turned to run. Her heart was beating like a drum. She heard the crying again, she had to find it. Emily’s feet had a mind of their own and dragged her closer and closer. That was when she saw him. A tall figure wearing a long, black cloak. ‘Is this who was crying?’ Emily wondered.
“Are you okay?” she asked. “I thought I heard you crying.” “What are you doing here?” the man yelled. “I'm sorry, I wanted to make sure you were okay,” replied Emily, she started to move backwards. “Oh alright that makes it all better,” he got up and moved over to Emily “Not.” He dragged Emily away and locked her in the basement.
Emily was frightened and wished she had never come in. She frantically searched the basement looking for a way to escape. It was then she remembered she had her mobile in her pocket. Her fingers trembled as she dialled the police.
“I'm locked in a basement at number 7 Livington St. Please help, please come quickly, I'm so frightened”
“We will be right there, stay calm.”
Emily heard the sirens and the screech of tyres coming to a halt in the driveway. She jumped as the police broke in through the door. She could hear the man yelling, “What are you doing here?” Emily was relieved to hear the footsteps of the police, coming down to the basement to rescue her. They told Emily that the mad, mysterious man's name was Bob Simnoen.
After taking Emily home to her worried mother, the police searched the house. They discovered the remains of Bob's parents Mary and Jack, in the freezer in the basement. He had killed them 15 years ago because they tortured him as a child. He visited the house once a year on the anniversary of their death, and cries about his terrible, tortured childhood.
Bob Simnoen went to jail for 20 years for the murder of his parents and the house was sold. Emily could never bring herself to visit the new neighbours.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!