Rain

Rain, who knew what it was capable of? I sure didn’t. I was at home watching TV when it happened. The power went out and the wind started howling. Mum yelled out “close the windows quick!” We closed the windows and mum turned on the radio. The radio told us there was a category 2 cyclone coming. Mum said not to worry and to go to bed, it will be over in the morning. When I woke the next morning and got out of bed my feet were wet. It had turned out that the cyclone had gone from category 2 to category 4 with severe rain. It had flooded and the house was now flooded from the first floor and a little bit on the second floor where everything was. We were lucky our house was two storeys and that the bottom story was under the house where we kept the washing machine and bikes. We weren’t prepared for a storm so we only had the food in the cupboard and only a few torches left. The power was out as the town was under water. We didn’t think that we would be able to last with the amount of food we had so dad and I took the boat and drove it to the supermarket. The supermarket was also 2 storeys and luckily for our town the toy shops were down stairs and the food shops were upstairs. We got as much food as we could and headed home. Mum made some tea from the food and then we went to bed. I woke only a few hours after going to sleep from another cyclone, I felt like I was going to die. Every night since there has been a cyclone and every night the water rises, some nights I think that it goes down but it is slowly getting higher. Dads boat is starting to run out of fuel and there isn’t much left to eat I keep thinking that were the only ones left and that there is no help on the way but I will never know I can’t tell if I am going to survive this. We have no food no fuel and nobody is on their way to help us. Will we get through this alive or will we die…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!