Viola Rose Montgomery

“Some people may have known about my intentions, so I took care of them. All the other people I killed were the fairest in the land and that’s not the way it is. I have to be the fairest in the land!” Snow White proclaimed. “So all the deaths in the kingdom… That was you?” I whispered. Snow White laughed. “Why yes it was!”

“And this is where my magic mirror comes in!” She smiled and pulled out a small hand mirror. “Every single morning I ask it, mirror mirror in my hand – who’s the fairest on the land? And an image of the person will be projected.” Snow White explained.

“Why frame me?” I sobbed. “I needed someone to blame.” she stated and began to happily proclaim the famous words. Her grin turned to an ugly scowl. “It’s you!” She spat and lunged towards me. I ran for my life.

I sprinted to the top of a cliff but Snow White was still behind me. Suddenly, Snow White slipped. She began to fall but her fingers gripped the edge of the cliff. “Please help me Wicked Queen!” she cried.

“My name is Viola Rose Montgomery!” I yelled. “All these years you have tormented me! You have murdered innocent people out of spite and jealousy to become the fairest in all of the land! You have never ever been genuinely kind to a single living soul! So please tell me, why should I help you? I asked, glaring down at Snow White.

Snow White sighed. “I’m cursed. I’m sorry, is all I can say. If I deserved another chance I would take it. But you don’t understand – I’ll never change,” Snow White miserably said. Sadness flooded my soul and I reached out my hand towards her. Snow White stared deep into my eyes. “I am sorry Viola Rose Montgomery – for everything I’ve done. I truly am sorry… Mother,” She said and let go of the cliff edge. I screamed and scrambled towards her trying to hold her but she fell down into the chasm.

‘Snow White will be missed. “She is a poor, beautiful child,” says everyone in the kingdom, yet she had sinned. She murdered her father and she manipulated many innocent people.

The Wicked Queen won’t be missed. “She is a monster!” says everyone in the kingdom, yet she had never sinned. She was framed for the murder of her husband and hated by all of the land.

I turned around and found myself facing guards on horses, all armed with torches and swords. They advanced towards me but before they could harm me I jumped straight into the chasm – freeing my tortured soul.

Whilst I was falling, I addressed those above me. “My name is Viola Rose Montgomery, not The Wicked Queen. I was falsely framed but you all put me to shame. Do not ever let yourselves be fooled or manipulated by anyone. Make your own judgments and make them fair and just.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!