Vortexa Destruction!

I was bound to be sent to Terraria sometime soon, I knew it deep down. My name is Vortexa, and I am a Vortexian. I know, the name is kind of stupid, but I like it. A pink scarf hung around my neck, fluttering in the wind as I stood in the snow. Cold, harsh and wet, I began to grow impatient quickly.
“The hero is dead!” A fellow Vortexian exclaimed, pride and dangerousness coating his voice. I looked around and saw civilisation, and things I had never seen before. I stared in awe for a couple of seconds before something inside me twigged. They were living happily till the hero died, and here we are, invading a planet that is more beautiful than our own… What have we become? I looked back at the Storm Diver Captain and Vortexian Commander that were rallying their forces. Anger forced my blood to boil, clenching my fists in hate. I grabbed the Phantasm bow from my back, a bow of Vortexian design, and placed the arrow in the nocking point. Readying my arrow, I clipped the nock into the string, before looking like it was going to shoot the civilisation ahead of me. It was me who was going to make the first move. It was me who decided the fate of this world. It was me who had started it all…
I jumped into the air before turning on my own comrades and firing the arrow, releasing the string, the arrow flung itself forward before killing the Storm Diver Captain. Grabbing more before anyone knew what had hit them; I shot an arrow at the Vortexian Commander’s voice box. After that, everything was plunged into chaos. Arrow after arrow, I shot my own kind down. If I wanted to do that, I would have killed everything first. The scarf that hung around my neck got caught in the wind, flying off my neck. Hornets quickly charged at me before I took down the Hornet Queens which made them fly out of Terraria space for good.
I must have killed over a hundred of my own kind before the Pillar’s defensive force field dropped, causing small shockwaves. I placed my bow on my back before I grabbed the gun that was by my side, firing at the Celestial Pillar. If I take this down, this Vortex Pillar, then everything will be fine! Nothing matters anymore! I kept telling myself that till I destroyed the Pillar, its fragments being thrown all over the place. Anymore of the Vortexian troops that were left were either killed or retreated from battle. I had saved Terraria from the destruction that I would have been a part of. I grabbed my bow and kept my gun in the other hand before throwing them to the floor. Finding my scarf in two, I put the longest of the sashes around my neck, the other around my arm. I am Vortexa Gleam, saviour of Terraria!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!