Saucy Situation

Saucy Situation

By Dylan Blackwell

Finally I have achieved my destiny. I have just got my bacon and egg roll from Pumpkin Spice bakery. I can see the crispy rashers of bacon and the sizzling goodness of the egg. Wait a second. What’s this? There is sloppy, chunky, oily tomato sauce staining my perfection! This will not do, how can this happen? I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

Now I have to go home and find myself some new, fresh, non-sauce covered bread. This is the greatest idea I’ve had since toothpaste hair gel. I am sprinting my way home to get the bread, and the roll is still warm. When I get to the door I place my hand on the knob, I turn it, I run into the kitchen, I see a loaf of FROZEN bread! ‘‘Aaaah!’’ I wail. ‘‘Be quiet Johnno I’m watching Doctor Phil,’’ my Mum yells.

Perfect, just perfect. Now 5 minutes later I have to go too the store just to get a loaf of bread for my cold bacon and egg roll. As I reach the car park I see a large pastry truck pulling over. As it reverses it runs into a large puddle and it splashes me and my bacon & egg roll, which now looks like a pile of sludge with pieces of cold bacon & egg sticking out. I couldn’t help it. I fell to the ground and started crying. “Waaah! I want my mummy,’’ I bawled but then an old lady comes over in her mobility scooter. She tells me “ get up you

sissy. In my day if we cried we got the cane.” Then she drove off and I thought wow, thanks a lot.

Now I’m trudging back to the stupid old bakery for a refund. When I get there I drop the sludge on the counter and hiss “refund… NOW!” the lady at the counter replied, “sorry we don’t serve people who look like they have been swimming in dog poo.” I did actually look pretty bad. “ Pretty please,” I begged for minutes on end. Finally she gave in but instead of giving me my money back she gave me a new roll. Without checking for sauce I took a huge bite. That was the best roll ever, I thought with a toothy grin. Little did I know I had sauce stains all the way around my mouth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!