Basketball To Soccer

It was the preliminary finals, 2 seconds to go; it was 45 to 47, we were losing. I had the ball and I was at the three pointer line. I threw it – swish! We had won the preliminary finals.
Later on that day I was training so hard and I had been training for so long that I could not even feel my legs or my arms. I really had to work on my lay ups and chest passes. It was eight pm at night, I had been training for five hours. As soon as I got inside I was watching the basketball. Everyone played better than me but why couldn’t I? I went to bed and dreamt about me winning the world cup and on a team with Ronaldinio, David Beckham, Tom Archie, Lucas Neil, Bresianiao and ME!!!!!!!!
When I woke up I had the grand final of basketball. When I arrived we were versing the best team of all – the LIONS!!!!!!!!! I HAD SEEN THEM TRAINING ONE NIGHT. THEY WERE SO GOOD NEARLY EVERY SHOT THAT THEY PUT UP WAS A SWISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in jump and I had jumped so high I had hit the ball to one of my players. He had dribbled the ball down to the three pointer line and swish! 3 to 0. We were in the lead. It was their ball, they dribbled it down to the three pointer line – haaaaaa!!!!! They had missed. Finally, they miss one shot at least for once.
15 minutes later and it was half time. I was fowled off. It as a draw. One of the other players on the other team punched one of my team players in the mouth. FOWL!!! 3 shots, SWISH, SWISH AND ANOTHER SWISH!!!! Beep, yessss, now the season was over now I could switch to soccer.
8 years later…
For the past 8 years I have been playing for the HYUNDAI A LEAGE!!! Now I am in the world cup with the Socceroos. We had trained so much that we had made it to the grand finals. We were versing Greece. Greece kept on getting red cards. They had five players and we had five players. One more red card and we win. Let’s hope they get one. I had the ball at the goals. Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 Nil. And then one of the Greek soccer players punched me in the nose. Red card!!!!! END GAME WE WIN!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!