Washed Up

Washed Up
I screamed, as water flooded through the front door, washed everything off the ground and crashed through the roof. Hel…. I could hear my brothers voice trail off into the distance. Bam! Crash! The lightning struck a house that hadn’t been crushed by the flood. I couldn’t see my Ma or Pa anywhere and I’m wondering if they were still even breathing. I suddenly see a dark and creepy shadow coming towards me, a scary figure maybe. I soon find myself going down to the bottom of the dark blue deep and I use my last boost of energy to push myself back up to the surface.

I am terrified as I find myself floating in mid air after being picked up by the dark and gloomy shadow as it took me away to an island protected from the flood. He placed me down gently and moaned in a soft and sad kind of way. I thought of escaping off the island but then I thought again, the moan told me that he was sad and lonely so I decided to stay with him.

Myself and The Great Yellow Phantom became great companions and developed our new home together. I’m still quite worried about my mum, dad and little brother. I look out to sea and wonder is this going to be the end.

What seems like a few months later. I’m enjoying my new life on this island with my new Phantom friend. It sometimes gets a bit lonely just me and him sitting by the fire telling ghost stories to one another in the shimmering light of the glistening moon.

I woke up with a nudge from The Great Yellow Phantom, I glanced up and couldn’t believe what I saw. I saw two people slowly walking towards us their heads high and a big grin on each one of their faces.
Mum, Dad I called out throwing my arms around their necks. I thought you guys were dead from the flood. Wait a moment where’s Joe “oh Joe he’s back at home making you some welcome home scones,“ remarked Dad. “Ok then let’s get home before those scones get cold.”

Mum and Dad took me off the island, we got home and ate Joe’s scones and then we started talking about all the scary and amazing adventures I had had with The Great Yellow Phantom. I told them how we made a tree house together and how we spent hours everyday rubbing sticks to make the fire for roasting pineapples. We had some of the best times, and he had saved me. It was sad to go from him but I’m glad that I found my family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!