Say Hello To Good-bye

It’s the 20th time of the day that I’ve been scrolling through my phone and I can’t help but cry. It’s our special day but I haven’t even received any call or any text message from him. Should I still give a pass on this? Or maybe I’d just lower my pride and remind him of what he has forgotten...
I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialled his number… His phone rang… And a girl answered so I turned it down.
As I was thinking things through, my phone suddenly rang. It was him… I was hesitant at first if I would or I wouldn’t answer his call. But, in the end I decided to pick his call up…
“Hello?”
“Hello… This is Shan. Is this Adie?” he answered.
“Yes, speaking.”
“What do you need?” he asked monotonously.
“Back to you Shan, what do YOU need?” I answered sarcastically.
“Just forget about me, Adie. I’m getting married.”
“Fine… If that’s what you want.” I hurtfully answered
“Dove Park, 5pm” then he hung up
It’s 2pm at the moment and I was given the chance to think for 3 hours. I’m going to set him free because that would be best for us both.
5pm, Dove Park
As of the given time and place, I came. After 5 minutes, I saw him walking towards me.
“What do you want?” I asked him as soon as he reached where I stand at
“Forget about me Adie.” He said.
I slapped him as hard as I could. “You’ve played with me, fooled me, ruined me but still I loved you. I knew everything right from the start but I never did ask you because I’m afraid to lose you because I loved you. And I still do… But I can move on from this in a matter of time.”
The next day, I received news that Shan has met an accident after the incident happened. As the story goes: He went to a bar and got so drunk, he got into his car and drove as fast as he could as if racing with death, unaware that the stoplight was on stop he continued crossing the intersection where a truck was driving past. The truck hit his car and the next day, it was all over the papers that there was an accident and that the driver of the car did not survive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!