Jens And The Nightmare

It was a dark stormy night; wind blowing, curtains flapping and dad and mum on the bed...
Wait, wait, wait, mum and dad on the bed?
Oh I remember, first thing it is only eight o’clock, second thing it is Halloween night so we are going out trick or treating!
Ok let’s cut to the chase I am Jens and I am 9 (best number ever!).
Back to the story.....I bounded towards the door and jumped out accidentally falling straight into my friends!
Then my friends told me that they were going out trick or treating too so we set off to get some candy.
We got heaps of candy then we saw a ghost!
We ran for our lives, then a head popped out of the side of the ghost, it was one of my friends!
"Chill out bro it's only plasticine".
"Phew, you really got me then" I shouted.
Then a real life ghost started chasing us!
I woke up startled only to find that it was a dark stormy night, wind blowing, curtains flapping and mum and dad on the bed...
Wait, wait, wait, mum and dad on the bed?
Not this again!
I asked my parents if they saw anything weird going on and they said "no" which was very, very strange. I looked back at the window and in front of it was another one of me!
I watched in terror as I saw me rush out the door and fall into my friends, trick or treat, get chased by a plasticine ghost then get chased by the real ghost!
I ran down the street to help the other me but then he disappeared. I rushed inside then I saw two of me!
Soon the whole house was filled with me.
I rushed over to one and then I went straight through it, which was even stranger. I looked around and saw lots of ghosts, plasticine ghosts and lots my friends!
I shouted to my friends but they could not hear me!
I started running after them but then I accidentally knocked my head on a pole and fell over.
I woke up early in the morning, no dark stormy night, no curtains flapping and no mum and dad on the bed, just morning.
The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!