The First

The fight

“Hey mum, hey dad,” I said happily as I walk into my house. There was no response. I walk into the living room, and then I come to a standstill. The house was a mess and I see my parents on the couch watching Netflix with a box of KFC chicken and a packet of donuts. “Hey sweetie how was school,” said mum just after finishing a piece of chicken. “Yeah how was school Maya” said dad carelessly still with a donut in his mouth. I feel a tear roll down my right cheek then my left; I throw my school bag on the floor and ran as fast as a could to my room. I could hear my mother shouting worriedly, “What’s wrong, but my mood blocked her cries out. My parents don’t work but gave themselves the job of eating all day. Eating doesn’t give them an income either!! Last year my parents developed diabetes type 2 and my life changed from then. I don’t know how much times I need to beg my parents to eat healthy and get a job. But what are preventing them from getting a job are the weight appearance and their not going to eat healthier any time soon! Unlike my parents I am very athletic and have to borrow healthy food from my friend, Clarissa. I want to apply for the best sports school in Australia but I’m certainly not taking my parents to the interview. My mum walks into my room and asks me what’s wrong. It takes a few minutes for me to generate my feelings. Eventually I tell her how I feel about hers and dad’s weight. I could see the guilt on her face. After a few minutes of silence mum does something I never expected her to do, she apologizes. I see a tear roll down her cheek and then she leaves.

“Hey mum, hey dad,” I said, not expecting what to see as I walk into my house. There was no response again. I walk into the living room; I come to a standstill (again)!!! This time it was the complete opposite of yesterday. The house was spick and speck and to make things even more surprising my parents are not on the couch but outside exercising with what looks like a man extremely fit and good-looking maybe in his early twenties. I jump for joy inside and out. Finally my parents have taken in what I said. I rush and run outside and give my parents a big hug. I’m really proud of them. Over the next seven months life was much better. My parents lost huge amounts of weight and I ended up applying for that sport school and thankfully I made it through. My parents battled diabetes and no longer have it. I lived in a healthier home and didn’t need to borrow food for Clarissa. My parents got a job and everything was financially okay. Everything was excellent!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!