I Am A Tree

I am a tree.
I grow from a small seed, teensy tiny to treacherously tall.
I become great, people sitting peacefully under my stalk.
Little children play gracefully around or on my beautiful branches.
I use my long old arms in summer and spring.
I grow my colourful flowers from the purist of resources, sun, water, fertilizer etc.
The people always take them for the beauty of their gardens.
Then my luscious, long, leaves turn to a ruby, rosy, red and fall off to become dust.
I fall into a slumberous, lazy, sleep in the wild, wet, winter.
Over the years, I have learnt how to respect with love and treat others with no regret.
After that, BAM! , I become as dead as a dodo.
No one to love me, or compliment on my small blossoming flowers.
I’ve had my time of beauty, but now all gone.
I am a tree.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!