We Are Who We Are...

My name is Destiny. I'm 12 years old, and I have a secret. Not a silly secret like all the girls in my class have. A REAL secret, which I haven't even told my parents about. And I'd like to keep it that way. So what is my secret you ask? Promise not to tell? Okay...

I'm half demon.

You probably think I'm joking. But I'm very serious. Only my sister Scarlett knows. She's 10 years old, and she is half demon too. We like to keep it a secret because, we will probably be known as the freaks. People will always come up and ask about us, and we don't want that. When we are our demon selves, our hair turns black and our eyes turn dark red like fire. My eyes are hazel, and Scarlett's are light brown. My hair is brown and so is Scarlett's. So we change a lot when we are demons. Scarlett and I are really shy, so we don't have many friends. We only have one friend. Her name is Evie. She doesn't even know.

~

One sunny afternoon, I opened the front door and walked the 5 minutes to the park. We were meeting Evie under the giant oak tree. We made a small house inside it. No one ever goes to this park, so we can basically do whatever we want. Evie smiled at us as we sat down. It was really HUGE. It took us 7 months to make. But it was worth it.

"Why didn't you come yesterday?" Evie asked.

"Um.. We were busy" I replied. But we were actually demons.

"Ok" She answered.

I hated lying to her. She was such a good friend. I felt a twitch. I knew I was about to turn into a demon. I ran. Scarlett ran after me. Evie followed.

"Stay there Evie!" I yelled.

She ignored me and ran to me. I pushed her away. Then I started to change.

I could feel my eyes go red. I grabbed my hair and saw it turning black. I backed away from Evie, who was standing there, scared. My whole hair went black and I fell to the ground. Scarlett stared at me, then she started to change too. Her hair went black and her eyes went red. Evie screamed. "You're monsters!"

Than she ran away. I was so upset. I just lost my best friend. I sighed. We walked away. I walked home. My parents left us. It's just Scarlett and me. I wondered when I was going to change back but nothing happened. There was no twitch, not even a small one. I was still a demon...

I realised we weren't going to change back for a while. But we both didn't really care anymore. Everyone probably knows now. We are who we are. And we are demons.


"We're not monsters. We're demons"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!