Save The Animals!

'Goodnight,' I whispered to my Dad as he softly shut my
door. As I began to fall asleep all I could think about was
animals. When I opened my eyes I was in the Amazon
Rainforest! There were so many animals. Birds, monkeys, lizards, snakes and so many more. Then out of nowhere someone or something spoke. " If people continue to cut down rainforests there will be no animals left!" the voice shouted. Then there was silence. The following night the same dream returned, except this time there was no life in the beautiful rainforest. "This is what it will look like if people keep destroying animal's habitats," bellowed the fierce, frightening voice. Then exactly the same thing happened, the voice faded into silence once more. The air rumbled as if it were thinking or plotting. The voice returned suddenly, "Maybe if you spend the night in the forest you will understand how important it is."
"I would love to stay here," I heard myself shout. With that dusk transformed into darkness and stars appeared in the velvet black sky. It was breathtaking. I could hear all the nocturnal animals awaking. I laid down my head facing the stars. I forced myself to take it in slowly, now understanding why I had been sent here through my dreams. It was so that the world would get the message, the message I was to pass on is always protect the animals and their habitats, we are not the only living things on Earth. This is why we must all… Save The Animals!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!