Kitten Kavern Lucy

Normal day, normal life for everyone. Everyone has at least one pet but not the Downey’s. The Downey’s have no pets, a year 3 student jack, a year 4 student Lilly and a 1 year old named the Bean (his real name is Adam but no-one calls him that) anyway we better not forget their parents Mrs and Mr Downey.
Lilly loves cats so does her brother Jack and of course the Bean and dad do as well. But their mother is a more of a “dog” person so she says that having a cat is too much responsibility so we’re not ready yet.
Jack and Lilly walk home from school and knock on their parent’s door. Instead of their parents greeting them, it’s their local veterinarian Mr Luttion greeting them in but unusually next to the vet is a cage, but they can’t see anything in it. “Hello children you remember me don’t you?” Mr Luttion says. “Um yes we do, how can we forget you’re our local vet and Lilly’s always going there to help out,” Jack continues on about how much time Lilly spends at the vet and comes home with huge news every day.
Mr Luttion giggles and Lilly remembers to ask what’s in the cage. “Um sir what’s in the cage? Is it a pet or maybe an adorable teddy? Sorry I’m guessing too much.” Lilly asked. “Well Lilly how about you take it into your room, close the door and open it up. No-one else is allowed in until the next day ok.” Lilly nods her head and walks upstairs into her room with the cage. She sets the cage down and closes her door.
Out comes a small grey/white short hair ragdoll kitten. ‘Aww it’s so cute and it looks like a short hair with its breed, and I just noticed it’s a kitten!’ Lilly thinks.
‘Wow I don’t remember this place and I’m also tired and a bit hungry but I can wait for food I just wanna snuggle on someone’s lap.’ The kitten thinks, as she does an adorable little meow to hopefully get a human to pick her up and snuggle with her.
Lilly picks up the kitten and sits it on her lap, Lilly gently pats the kitten and starts to think of a name for it. I have an idea maybe I should name you Lucy you’re really cute and I was going to be called Lucy until my mum found out I was a brown haired little sweetie, so yea I’ll officially name you Lucy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!