Vocation Disaster

Boom! Boom! went the vicious storm as the dark grey clouds spat rain on the iron roof.The vast silence reigned over the lifeless street.The tall tree's were shouting out freezing,cold wind.All gates were opening and shutting in a blink of an eye.Poppy was getting ready for her exciting vocation with her parents. As she was wearing her nice leather,black boots,the thunder suddenly clashed on the roof.Poppy roared like a
lion as she heard the frightening sounds of the thunder.
"Mum!"shouted Poppy as she was about to open the mahogany wooden door.
"Yes Dear,"replied mum in a soft mannered voice. "When are we leaving!"cried Poppy.
"Just in a sec honey,"said mum.
As Poppy's mum was wearing her latest, fashionable,warm coat the rain drops outside formed a big flood on the shiny glass window.

After a short moment,Poppy and her parents left the warm,cosy house and drove to the airport as quick as they can.Then 30 mins later they reached their destination to the airport. Suddenly.... Poppy's parents forgot the ticket.
"OH NOOOOOO!" shouted Poppy's parents as they rushed back to their dark, green car.Poppy's parents were so mad that they drove so rapidly and fast making all cars confused.Finally they arrived at their house again and quickly Poppy's mum grabs the tickets for their flight and rushed back to the car in a hurry.

Then for another long moment later, Poppy's dad drove for another long 30mins drive. After a short time they arrived again to the the airport and swiftly runs to the gate. But...
they were too late for their flight.


THE END!:)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!