Saving Lives Series 'Pig Escape'

In the summer holidays, John was the first one awake, because they were going to a famous farm for a visit. It was really exciting and it was all
John could think about. (I don’t need to introduce myself because you have already read the Zoo Problem and if you haven’t then stop doing sneaky peaks and read the Zoo Problem). Just then, Squeak came along (we called our mouse Squeak). “Hi Squeak” is how I usually greet him, but today it was, “Morning Squeak! Come here. Do you want to come to visit a farm with us?” I asked. Squeak just nodded.
“Mum, Squeak wants to come with us to the farm, is it okay if he comes?” I whispered. At this, my brothers came zooming down from the top of the house and asked mum what time it was. Mum took one look at her watch and shouted “OH MY GOSH WE ARE LATE, EVERYONE GET DRESSED, BRUSH YOUR TEETH, NO BREAKFAST AND RUSH TO THE CAR, NOW!!!!!”
So everyone did that feeling rather hungry and by the time we all were in the car we were super late. Finally we managed to reach the farm with me
reading the map. I was very happy when the farmer gave me a fresh bright red apple and I took a bite of it straight away. The farmer told us to follow him, so we did. He led us to the pigs. First, he introduced us to them but when he got to his favourite pig, it wasn’t there. We looked all around the farm but he was nowhere to be seen. We even checked on the road and asked if Squeak could sniff it out but he couldn’t get the right smell.
We told the farmer that we haven’t had breakfast and he replied, “Fancy that! I haven’t had breakfast either, would you like to have breakfast with me?” We all replied, “Yes!” at the same time because we were all super hungry. So we had breakfast with the farmer and had fresh white eggs and bread. When we finished the food we looked for the pig more and more but it was nowhere to be seen. Just then I saw the wheat moving in trails. “I think I see the pig!” I called, so they hurried over to see what it was,
and sure enough it was the pig. “All we have to do now is catch it, which will be easy as it is extremely slow." So we got it and put it back in the
wide fields.
John and his family have saved the missing pig and they got a gigantic box of hens for their back yard. Yippee!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!