Bathurst Gold Fields Camp.

Last week 5/6M went on a camp. We left school at 7:30am on Thursday.
The first place we went to was Scenic World. We met the Three Sisters-their names were Meehni, Wimlah and Gunnedoo, and their father’s name was Tyawan. We did all sorts of activities, our first activity we went on was the railway. Everyone was screaming their heads off as we went straight down, like we were inside a cave. It took us two and a half hours.
The second place we went to was Machatti Park in Bathurst. We had lunch there, we stayed for half an hour and we played. We went on the Mount Panorama race track, luckily there were no cars to make all the noise. When we arrived at the Bathurst Gold Fields we went to the visitor centre and we dropped our bags off.
We went on our first tour; we went in the museum to learn about the mining methods and we went to see the blacksmith’s house-it was nice and cosy in there.
We went to other places like the tents they stayed in. The beds they used were made out of wood. They used a piece of canvas for the roof of their tent.
That night we had dinner, and when we were finished we went to have a camp fire and listened to some colonial music. The man who taught us the songs was named Jason. When the camp fire was finished we had a party in Anita’s and Ruby’s cabin. It was so much fun. Then we went to sleep.
On Friday we learnt about life in the gold fields. We made dampers, played games and made mud bricks. We worked in teams to do these activities. After our last tour for the day we went to the dining room to get a sausage sandwich, then we went outside to play for thirty minutes before hopping back on the bus.
We stopped at Blackheath to have afternoon tea before getting back onto the bus, arriving back at school at 4pm.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!