Witch Cupcake

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

“Yum,” thought Lucy as she walked into her favourite bakery, ‘Cakes Down the Lane’. She could smell the most delicious cupcake. Lucy peered into the cabinet and saw the most beautiful white chocolate cupcake she had ever seen. Lucy thought that she was the only one who could see it; no one else in the bakery had noticed it.
Lucy bought the cupcake and bit right into it. It was scrumptious! As Lucy walked home, she felt a tingling feeling in her body. Lucy magically disappeared into a puff of pink dust and reappeared in a new world.
She wandered around and saw a little jungle the size of a little field. Lucy plodded into the jungle and saw strange creatures. There was a bird that was blue with owl like wings. Then Lucy asked the bird if he could help her find her way home.
“I’m not sure if I can help you,” said the bird, “but beware of the witches, particularly, Alexis.” Lucy stared up into the sky as a butterfly flew past and she didn’t hear the bird say, “But beware of the witches.”
Lucy walked away looking at the butterfly. She felt a bit hot and decided to find a place to have a rest. Lucy found a small gingerbread looking house and banged on the huge knocker on the door. The door creaked open and an enormous green body appeared. It was the mean witch, Alexis! Lucy tried to run away but the witch stopped her saying “HOW DARE YOU KNOCK ON MY DOOR. WHO ARE YOU?” Lucy didn’t want to tell the witch, but she did. She stuttered, “I…I’m L…Lucy. Who are you?”
Lucy was frozen like ice with fear. The witch yelled like a madman, “YOU DON’T NEED TO KNOW MY NAME. JUST GET IN MY HOUSE!”
Lucy was very scared. Suddenly out of the corner of her eye, she saw a pretty lady standing at the back of the room behind the witch. The lady calmly smiled at Lucy and with a wave of her hand, beckoned Lucy to come over. Then Lucy felt a wave of calmness splash over her as she tip-toed into the room. She pretended to be scared to fool the witch, looking around and every now and then, glancing at the lady. Alexis grabbed Lucy, fiercely with her long nails and stopped her from running away.
As Lucy struggled to free herself from the horrible witch, she saw the calm lady gesture towards the potion on the window next to her. Lucy stamped on Alexis’ foot and broke free to grab the potion marked ‘Home Time’.
Lucy gulped down the potion and disappeared in a puff of green smoke only to find herself back in her very own home. Her mother was standing over the stove preparing dinner. She held out her hand to Lucy and asked, “Can I have the bread?”
Lucy looked down into her hands and saw only a white Chocolate Cupcake. YUM!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!