Terrific Thursday Morning

It was a sunny Thursday morning. I was sitting down watching my favourite show 'Guess Who'. In this show, the host will ask you questions about one
of the celebrities and the participants has to guess it.
While I was watching this show there was breaking news, which caught my attention. I was watching carefully, the news reporter mentioned a terrorist attack at 86 New Court Drive. Suddenly I was shocked. "It's my house." I couldn't warn anyone in the family because mum and dad were on vacation at Hawaii and my sister is at university.
I panicked and panicked thinking of a plan to stop terrorist to reach my home. Eventually I got a brilliant idea. I would set up traps around the
house. Luckily my dad use to be a hunter. I grabbed the shed keys and raced to the shed. I opened the shed door and saw an old wooden box. I stepped closer and saw a lock on the front. I was thinking what it would be. I tried his date of birth, 1975. It worked!! Then I opened it and saw a rifle but it was out of bullets. So kept on looking for a weapon to defend myself. Then I found an old baseball bat.
Then I ran back inside and locked every door, shut the curtains. I waited and waited. Then I heard a car stopped in front of my door and I heard footsteps approaching to the door, then I heard a gun loading. I gulped, hoping someone would turn up for help and rescue me. I held my bat tight.
I was sweating and shivering then I heard cars and helicopters. At first I thought it was more terrorists, but it was the police. The terrorist were arrested, I was so happy that I was still alive.
Few weeks later, my parents and my sister came back. My parents didn't know about the terrorist attack. I kept that as a secret. My sister passed her exam and got her job as a doctor. Mum and dad were so... happy that she passed her exam. They were also pleased that I kept the house clean until dad went in the shed. He yelled out "JACK!!! You come here right now!" Looks like he is angry, I better go now, bye.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!