Lauren's Dance Life

28th September 1990
At my concert, my mother fell terribly ill, I was heartbroken. Her last words were: Lauren make me proud and become the best ballet dancer the world will ever see… And that’s when I decided to make her proud. That day I made myself a promise to attend the National Ballet Academy.
I was nervous when I entered the prestigious school, all the dancers were smartly dressed and walking around in a sophisticated manner.
I started in grade 3. In the academy there were 4 studios studio, a, b, c and d. I was in studio c, it was huge, it had 3 huge mirrors on walls, 2 portable barres and one hung on the wall. My teacher was really nice but when it came to incorrect positioning.
My teacher said that I was a born professional so she moved me up to grade 5. I was super excited, I was speechless, I didn’t know what to say, I was too shocked!
Grade 5 was challenging, the teacher was so strict on every little mistake I would make. I sprained my ankle many times, it hurt heaps, but I managed to get through it.
Today my teacher gave me a pair of red pointy shoes. I had the same feeling when my old teacher moved me up, speechless. I put them on straight away. I tried to go on point. I had no balance at all so I fell.
My teacher said to me that there was a lot of work to be done! I suggested half an hour every day. She agreed and it went on till…
I was seventeen and my teacher entered me into a very important competition, which whoever won, would become a professional dancer. It was my turn and the crowd went wild when I started, I was dancing like an angel. When the winner was announced, I heard my name being called, I was ecstatic. I started jumping up and down. I received my trophy and they said to me, “You are a professional.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!