Bathurst Gold Fields Camp.

We left school on the bus at 7:30am. 5/6M and our teachers went through the Blue Mountains to Scenic World at Katoomba. The weather was sunny but cold outside.
We went on the Scenic Railway- it was fast and scary! When we stopped we saw the Three Sisters, their names were Meehni, Wimlah and Gunnedoo, their father’s name was Tyawan. Then we rode the Skywalk cable car back up.
Next we got back on the bus and went to Machatti Park to have our lunch before two and a half more hours on the bus until we were at Bathurst Gold fields. We got our suitcases out of the bus and put them next to the gift shop. We learnt some mining methods and then did some gold panning in the pond with a little plastic bottle. For afternoon tea I ate buns and drank water.
When we went back to the gift shop we took our suitcases and put them in our cabin. I was in cabin 10. I put my sleeping bag on the top bunk then I waited till it was dinner time.
When our teachers said to line up I got a plate with pie, mashed potato and vegetables, a knife and a fork. I ate it all up-it was very delicious-and drank some water. Then I sat down to eat an ice cream while we waited for our teachers to finish.
We had a campfire where we sang songs, danced and told stories. After that we walked back to our cabin. At the party I ate chips, chocolate and lollies. At 12 I shut off the light and went to sleep.
In the morning I changed my clothes, packed up my sleeping bag then ate some chocolate while I waited for breakfast, then I ate toasted bread, hash browns and pancakes.
We went outside to play activities. I made damper first-it was delicious. Next we made mud bricks by picking out a shovel and putting mud in the floor. Next up I played Tug of war, Throw the Horse Shoe, and then tried to be the one who rolled a heavy ball near the pole to win. We walked back to where we were sitting, then we did some team building; we made the tent and campfire and we lost.
Next we walked back to the bus. I put my suitcase in the bus and went in. then we went to a park and I played on a swing before getting back on the bus and going back to school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!