Bathurst Gold Fields Camp.

On Thursday it was time for the 5/6 camp to Bathurst. Most of us got there at 7 o’clock. We loaded up the bags on the bus.
Finally we were on our way to Bathurst by 7:30. To help pass the time we sang songs. We stopped at Scenic World; we were so organised we got there early. Scenic World is in Katoomba. It was cold. We had a little bit of our recess there.
The first thing we went on when we were let in was the Scenic Railway. It was sort of like a roller coaster but it didn’t go fast. It took us to the Sky Walk. We saw so much stuff. Finally we had finished the tour.
Before we knew it, we were back on our way to Bathurst once again. We sang songs to pass time.
We had finally reached Bathurst. We stopped at a park called Machatti Park. We played tips and had lunch.
We reached Mount Panorama and did a half run through the course. The place we were staying was on the race track.
Once we got there we unpacked and we put our bags undercover. Then they took us to their museum and showed us lots of stuff. Later we were taken down to a train type thing. After that he showed us how to pan for gold. I didn’t find any gold but I didn’t mind.
We were shown to our cabins which all had heaters so most rooms got hot. We had dinner 5 minutes later. It was a pie with vegies and mashed potato. After dinner we had a party. We were loaded with chips, Skittles and marshmallows.
The next day we had breakfast in the cafeteria. After that we played games that they would have played in the olden days. We also made mud bricks and ate damper. After all of that we had to set up a boys’ tent and a girls’ tent. It was fun.
Finally the time had come where we would have to make an adventure back to school. We stopped at Blackheath to have a snack and throw our boomerangs. My one got trashed; in fact I couldn’t fly it anymore.
Once again we sang songs-we even had a singing contest. There were raps and slow songs, and finally it was my turn. I wasn’t nervous. I sang ‘Grenade’ so nicely I won. I had to give a speech and everything.
We reached school-boy was I excited to be back. We got there around 3:50pm. Our parents were called and told that we were there early. My mum came and picked my sister and I up and we went home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!