Bathurst Gold Fields Camp.

After leaving school at 7:30 our bus reached at Katoomba in the Blue Mountains. It was very cold there. We stopped at Scenic World where we went on the Scenic Railway and the Sky Walk cable car. It was heaps of fun because we saw the Three Sisters, who weren’t real people. Miss Mahoney told us the Aboriginal legend of the father who used a magical bone to turn his three daughters into stone to save them from the Bunyip so it wouldn’t eat them. We travelled in a cable car back up into Scenic World after riding down on the railway car. The train went so fast, going almost straight down; my ear drums nearly blew out from the girls’ screaming. Going back up in the cable car was warm and quiet though.
When we got to Bathurst we dropped our bags off at the Visitors’ Station we had our first tour and our guide told what life was like on Gold Fields. He showed us what tools people had used on the Gold Fields.
Miss Skvorc and Miss Mahoney showed us to our cabins then we were able to play outside until it was time for dinner, followed by ice cream for dessert. Then we had a party in our cabins until bedtime.
On the second day of camp our guide Fiona showed us how to make damper and mud bricks. She also showed us games children played back in the Gold Fields, a ball game and throwing horse shoes which we got to play ourselves.
We also got to sit around a camp fire.
We had a lot of fun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!