Bathurst Gold Fields Camp.

We left school at 7:30am Thursday and stopped at Scenic World. We ate our snacks then we went inside the Scenic Railway. When we stopped we saw the Three Sisters then we turned around and did some activities like looking through the hole and trying to spot where the two trees are connected. It was great fun.
Next I went on the SkyWalk aerial cable car. We went up, and I saw lots of hills and trees. Also, I was scared because of the height. We went back to the souvenir shop where people bought lots of things, mostly boomerangs and teddy bears.
We went back to the bus and we waited for more than thirty minutes then we stopped at a park to eat our recess and played some games. When we finished, we went back to the bus and continued our trip to Bathurst. We went up a hill and saw lots of kangaroos jumping around, some standing to look at us.
When we arrived in Bathurst, we put our suitcases near a place called ‘Office Apartment’ then we started doing things that people had done in the gold fields, it was really fun. Then we ate buns and mandarins and drank cordial. Our teacher Miss Mahoney told us where our cabins were.
We stayed in our cabins until we had supper and we ate pie, vegetables and mashed potatoes. When we finished our dinner we had our ice block and then we went outside and walked all the way to a camp fire. When we reached the camp fire there was a man named Jason who sang a song, and we had to try to memorise the words he sang.it was tricky but finally we did it! Next we had to do a dance that Jason showed us.
When we finished our dance we sat down and then he sang Waltzing Matilda. When he was done we said good bye to him and went back to our cabins.
Back in the cabins, we went to room 12 and started a party. We ate lollies, chocolates, chips and marshmallows. It was delicious and then we went back to our own rooms and slept.
I woke up at five o’clock and began to pack everything that was mine in my suitcase. We waited until 7:30 am then went to eat breakfast. Then we went to a place where two women came to talk to us about how people lived on the gold fields.
Next we did lots of activities like making mud bricks, throwing a horse shoe towards a pole, and throwing a heavy ball the furthest as well as having a Tug Of war. We also cooked some damper. When we finished all of the activities we went to have a sausage sizzle.
After we’d finished eating we gave our suitcases to the bus driver. We ate our afternoon tea and played at a park before returning to the bus and continuing on our way back to school.
When we got back to school, we went back to our parents and went back home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!