Facing Fantasies

"How long do you think it will be till vampires take over the world?" Sophie smirks while applying some lip gloss to her firm lips. She closes her mirror and places her lip gloss back in her bag. "So?" Sophie saids impatiently. I snap and twist my attention over to her "huh? Sorry I was thinking about something"

Sophie chuckles "Is this about Zac again?"

"No" I throw back blushing, "Zac and I are over"

"You need to loosen up a bit" Sophie said rolling her eyes "Not all guys are bad you know? What was wrong with Brandon?"

"Sophie life isn't all about guys. I have a life to live and the vampires around me aren't helping" I protest. I hate vampires! They were a accident made by God. They killed my mother at work when she was nursing a one and as you can guess he lost control and fed from my her. Now I live a life with my dad who's falling from depression. I come home every afternoon and clean the house. 'Life isn't perfect', I remember that phrase very well because I could understood that message when I was 5 years old.

"Hello, Avery, anyone home?" Sophie tugs on the ends of my hair gently. "Stop it!" I whine pushing her hand away, "I have homework to do"

Sophie groans pulling out her mirror again "your so boring today"

"Hello Avery?" A familiar guys voice shot through my mind. I flinch and halt from my homework "yes?" I reply while still staring down at my homework.

"Zac what are you doing here? Avery isn't in the mood to talk to you right now?" Sophie explains as she moves off the table and steps in front of me. My head slopes down further and I pack up my homework. "Sophie it's ok," I smile "I'm off to maths now, bye" I wave and walked quickly to my maths class.

"Avery wait!" Zac's voice calls from across the hall. I sigh and stop in my tracks. "What Zac?" I ask willingly turning around and rolling my eyes. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kiss Samantha, she kissed me!" Zac explained

"Whatever Zac! Either way we were never supposed to together" I sigh trying to keep a relaxed smile on my face "Now I really have to go to maths" I pleaded and left him hopelessly behind.

Suddenly I felt a strong hand grip my wrist and push me to the wall. My head began thumping rapidly making me feel dizzy. I groaned and tried to force a hand to push him away but I had no hope. "Get off me!" I screamed starting to tear up. "Your mine" he growls and instantly I felt Zac's weight fly off me. I turned around with my shaking body and found another guy holding Zac up by the shirt and then threw him to the ground.

It was Aston Carter the Vampire!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!