Rain

The wind decided it was time to take action. The sun was shining too much and grey clouds just floated about. The trees were withered and grass did not sprout. Rivers were dry. Lakes were empty. The ground was cracked. Animals were dying. The people below were suffering. The wind decided it was definitely time to take action.
The wind got ready to blow. It breathed in and then blew as hard as it could. The clouds tried to avoid the strong gust of wind but the wind caught them. It blew the clouds around, blocking out the glaring sun. The wind blew hard to try to get the clouds to release their water. The trees groaned and bowed down to the wind. The sun glared at the wind. It had not been disturbed for many years. It had been very happy for the last seven years. The sun had thought that the people below loved sunshine. It did not want to be blocked out. It wanted to shine. But the sun could do nothing about it.
The wind fought hard to get nature moving. It blew and blew. The sun stubbornly continued to shine, believing that the people below loved how it had been sunny for seven years. Clouds gathered, heavy with water. They knew the wind would not stop until it got what it wanted. They got ready to release all their water onto the cracked earth. Every last drop would go.
They spilt all the water onto the earth. They sighed and heaved. The wind howled in triumph.
The sun’s glowing face was disappearing. More and more clouds were gathering, spilling their water onto the earth. Grass and flowers sprouted. The sun’s shining face was faint. Huge water drops fell down onto the dry earth. The people danced in the rain. The sun’s face was becoming dull. Water was falling onto the bare trees. Green leaves began to grow. The sun’s once beautiful face was now faded and unhappy. The rain bucketed down on parched rivers and lakes. Rivers flowed once more. Lakes were filled with beautiful water. The sun was not smiling any more.
The wind stopped blowing, seeing all was well. It sighed happily, a small breeze escaping its lips. It knew all will be well for a long time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!