Quinn And The Magic Forest-dome

Once there was an adorable new born baby girl named Quinn. Her mother was quite ill. Lots of family came by to see Quinn. As people came they gave wonderful presents to Quinn and her mother. There was one thing in particular that was very special that came from her mother and grandmother, a snow-dome.

It wasn't exactly a snow-dome, it had a beautiful forest and a little girl with long blond hair surrounded by nature in it and little flowers floating around the dome. So it was more of a forest- dome.

A few months later, Quinn’s mother was taken to hospital, but sadly the doctors couldn't do anything to help. So sadly she passed away.

Quinn felt quite lonely without her mother. As a 9 year old, Quinn, her pet dog, Buddy and her father moved from the city into the country side into a little 2 story cottage with Quinn's grandmother and grandfather which is we're Quinn's mother grew up.

When Quinn, Buddy and her father arrived Quinn and Buddy bolted inside and said hello to her grandmother, while Quinn's dad unloaded the car.

Quinn's grandmother took Quinn and herself upstairs and took her into her mother’s old room, and told her with tears in her eyes but a bit of a smile, " This is where you'll be sleeping, this room was your mothers." They both started crying. Inside the little room was a bed with beautiful blue, pink and green diamond covers, a little white table with a mirror.

As Quinn was unpacking, she came to a box that said "BABY GIFTS." She opened it up, and placed the delicate little gifts onto the little table and made a special place for her forest dome beside her bed. Quinn knew that the forest-dome was very special, in fact she felt it was alive!

Quinn took Buddy out for a walk in the backyard. Quinn chased Buddy into the woods, Buddy stopped, and so did Quinn. It took Quinn a while to discover, the forest she was in, was exactly the same as the one in the dome at home. But while she was there, there was magic going on back at home in her room. In the forest-dome, the mother and daughter where now playing together and then guess who came into the snow-dome, Buddy!

While Quinn was in the forest she heard some-one calling her name."Quinn...Quinn." "Who's there?" she called out. "Mother?" " Yes its me."answered her mother."You were right about the forest-dome." " I was?" "yes." answered her mum. " Now why don't you run back home, every-ones worried about you. Oh and I why don't you check your forest-dome."

Quinn ran off back home with Buddy, and ran up-stairs. she was right. There was magic in her room, she spotted the dome and guess what she saw, the mother and daughter waved to her,and Buddy barked. Quinn ran down-stairs and told every-one. Now Quinn didn't feel so alone any more.

by Maya Hogan
the end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!