The Flower Girl

“No, I don’t want to!” shouted my sister. Today was a very bad day. I was NOT chosen for the flower girl. My CRUDDY sister was. Luckily she didn’t want to be a flower girl, but Dad (unmarried dad) still said “NO Emily, it’s because you will do a fart!”

So, nobody was going to be the flower girl! Then mum (unmarried mum) said “there has to be a flower girl because it will be so special.” Then dad said “Sue can be the flower girl.” AND I WAS MAD!

When Sue, my cousin, came she didn't really want to be the flower girl either, so she suggested to me that I disguise myself so nobody would know it’s me as the flower girl. So I did!

Soon came the day of the wedding. I got into my flower girl clothes that Sue had given me and put on a wig and a pair of glasses. I was sure that no one would recognise me.

When I got to the church, I thought OOOOOOOOHHHHH! This is gigantic. Then mum walked down the aisle with me following behind. I thought I had got away with it.

BUT something very EMBARRASSING happened. I needed to hold it in but I couldn’t - BBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRR! And it smelt! Mum looked at me and said “Emily is that you? Are you in disguise?” And I said “yes it’s me.”

After the wedding was over I was in BIG TROUBLE. I was grounded for two months (TWO WHOLE MONTHS!). I guess I deserved it anyway….but it was worth it.

Laura Martin-Clark, age 7, Grade 2
2 Dunoon Place, Bathurst, NSW 2795
Eglinton Public School

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!