David And Robert

Once there were two plumbers who were best of friends. Their names were David and Robert. They each had a family. Robert had a son named Steven and his wife Alyssa. David had a son named Zac and his wife Stacey.
Previously they had been working as plumbers, their life was going well, their children were going to school and getting educated. Their wives were at home and were happy.
But one day Robert came with an idea that Robert disliked. It was that Robert was going to leave his job as a plumber. All because he wanted to strike rich quicker and in a much more fun way. David did try to stop him but he just said that he would get rich and he would be left like this.
David wanted to have a happy life and get what he wanted the right way, by working slowly and properly. He wanted happiness but Robert wanted wealth.
For Robert's success he needed to sell drugs and many other illegal items. As soon as Alyssa found out she left Robert and went to a very far away place.
In a short amount of time they got rich and honourable to many. To Robert school didn't mean much so he stopped Steven from going to school. For this Steven was very happy and he had to do something he had never did.
Although they had many things such as houses cars and lots of money, Steven wanted to try drugs himself. He stole drugs secretly everyday and he gradually got addicted to them. Steven spent over half of his and his dad's money.
All of Robert's customers liked his business but their family members did not so they all came together and reported the police. It only took them two days for the police to catch him and give him a sentence of ten years.
While Robert was in gaol Steven was spending nearly all his time buying drugs and taking them. Once he reached the point where he had no money and he became a homeless person on the streets. He still remembered his dad's old friend David and where he lived. He went to his house and told him what had happened, he also told him what happened to his mum and himself.
After nine more years of sadness Robert came out of gaol and went straight to David’s house where he knew his son would be. Also where he would start his life all over again and the proper way.
Over at the hospital Zac tried to get Steven off drugs and get him educated after.
David was helping Robert to find a job and get him what he wanted through the correct way. They found a job for a plumber. Robert liked his job.
Stacey went over to Alyssa's place and tried to convince her to come back to her home because Robert had changed and he wanted to live with his family again. Alyssa decided to come back to her place and live with her family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!