Vunderballs

“What’s that?” I whisper as I nervously sit up. “E Watta” a strange voice replies. I turn on my bedroom light and there, sitting on the end of my bed, is my little Vunderball.
“Hi Watta” I’m so excited to see him. Watta is my little purple alien called a Vunderball. His body is covered in fur, but his ears and tail are covered in feathers. His eyes are big and black and to transport through portals he roles up into a ball and roles around in a circle. That’s how he comes to see me. “E need ur elp, Ella. We Vunderballs in danger!” Watta says fluffing up his tail.
“Wow!” Vunderland is amazing. Imagine a land where all houses are furry and everyone is nice. Except everything is black-and-white. ”Watta, what’s going on here? You said everything was colourful like you…Watta, where is all your colour, and mine?”
“We oo not know. It started appening last week. But we on’t know why. Will you elp us, please?” Watta gave me the adorable eyes, the ones you can’t resist. “Of course I’ll help you” I answer giving him a big hug.
We sit and think about what it could be that’s making Vunderland black-and-white. “Watta, has any Vunderball ever travelled to earth and back before?” I ask while drawing a picture of Watta in the sand. “No, I first one” he answered, looking proud. I stand up suddenly. “That’s it Watta, I know why this is happening now!”
“Why it appening Ella, why, why, why?” Watta jumps up and down like my little sister when she wants something.” I don’t think Vunderballs are suppose to travel to earth. Watta, this is our fault!” I say as I start to cry.
“What that mean Ella?” he asks. ”That means we can’t see each other again, the longer we stay apart the more colour will come back” I say. “But I know how we can still see each other”
“So Watta just press this utton to see Ella” ”Yep, that’s right. Bye Watta” He runs up to me and gives me a hug. “Bye” The next day I’m lying on my bed peacefully, until my laptop buzzes. I click enter and… “Hi Watta!” “Hi Ella, Watta have good news. You and me can see each other. Some bad monster put a magnet in Vunderland. Will you elp me find him?” Watta asks, pulling those adorable eyes again.” Yes, of course I’ll help you Watta, anything for my best friend” I replied.
As I step through the portal everything’s the same, black-and-white. I look down and there is Watta beside me. He jumps up and hugs me. “ Ready?” I ask “Let’s go!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!